We were looking for something extra special to make for our dogs today, and this is what we came up with. I found a few different Pancakes for Dogs recipes online, and we modified them a bit to end up with this! Since this is much more then a normal dog treat, we ended up replacing a meal with this one! So our dogs had pancakes for dinner!
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Unsweetened Coconut Milk (yes you can use Dairy milk if your dogs are okay with a small amount)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- 1 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Chopped Strawberries and Bananas
- Plain Greek Yogurt
You will need two separate bowls. In one bowl, mix together Eggs, Milk, Oil, and Honey. Set aside. In another bowl, mix together Flours, Baking Powder, and Cinnamon. Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients while whisking them together. The consistency you want it the same as normal pancake batter. If your batter is to runny, add a bit more flour, if it's too thick, add a bit of water or a bit more milk. You cook these, just like you do normal pancakes. We used a Griddle at 325. Pour batter onto your pan or griddle, Cook 2 - 3 Minutes. Once you start to see bubbles forming, flip the pancakes, and cook for 1 - 2 more minutes. Now just for fun, you can make your Pancakes fancy and top them with chopped up strawberries and bananas, and a dollop of plain greek yogurt! Your dogs are getting a treat that is out of this world!
Liddle Griddle: http://amzn.to/1W0tk5i Affiliate link
* Please note that I’m neither a vet nor an animal nutritionist, so it’s advisable to consult with your own authority when trying new foods, and also to ensure that your dog’s home cooked diet is balanced & includes all of the nutrients that are necessary for your dog’s health.