Bison Birthday Cupcakes for Dogs
Ingredients for Cupcakes
- 1 lb Bison (or other lean meat)
- 1/2 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 12 slices of low sodium Turkey Bacon
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
Ingredients for Frosting
- 1 large container Whipped Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Plain Yogurt
- Any coloring or decorations you want
Preheat your oven to 450° Fahrenheit. Mix together meat, oats, and egg in a large bowl. You want to make sure it's all mixed very well. Take your muffin tin, and line the outside edge with the turkey bacon. If you have to trim the bacon to make it fit, do that, and then chop the excess pieces up and add them to the meat mixture.
Now roll the meat into a large ball and squish it into each muffin cup. You want to make sure the bacon sticks to it. Filling them about level, with a slightly domed top will work best. Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes. The tops will be just slightly brown. Carefully remove meat muffins and place on a cooling rack.
While the meat muffins are cooling, we can make the frosting. Take the whipped cream cheese, and yogurt and whip it together until nice and smooth. Once the meat muffins are completely cooled, you can decorate them with this frosting however you like! I used a pipping bag to be a bit fancy. Then decorate with any little sprinkles you would like. Remember, the sprinkles are made of candy, so don't use a lot of them. Dog's don't need a lot of sugar.
Taste test time
Now it's time for the dogs to taste and enjoy these DIY Bison Birthday Cupcakes for Dogs! We hope they like them as much as ours did!
Don't forget to share this with your friends so they can make it with their dogs! Let us know in the comments what type of treat you want us to try making next time!
MORE Treat videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL400F1C1759E6AF49
* Please note that I’m neither a vet nor an animal nutritionist, so it’s advisable to consult with your own authority when trying new foods, and also to ensure that your dog’s home cooked diet is balanced & includes all of the nutrients that are necessary for your dog’s health. As with ALL treats, feed in moderation, and don't feed anything to your dogs that you don't feel comfortable feeding them. These are treats, not meal replacements.