DIY Dental Treats for Dogs
- 3/12 Cups Brown Rice Flour
- 1 tbls Food grade activated charcoal
- 1/2 Cup of packed chopped parsley (or 1/4 cup dried)
- 1/2 Cup packed chopped mint leaves (or 1/4 cup dried)
- 1 Cup of chicken broth or water
- 4 tbls coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of Liquid Chlorophyll
- 1 Egg
If you cannot find activated charcoal and liquid chlorophyll, or if you do not feel comfortable feeding these to your dog, you can omit these from the recipe without any issue.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl mix together brown rice flour and activated charcoal and set aside. Using a food processor, mix together the parsley, mint leaves, chicken broth, coconut oil and liquid chlorophyll. This does not need to be super fine, so a few spins will do the trick.
Now, add the egg to the dry mixture, and then slowly add the wet ingredients to the mixture while stirring slowly. Mix the dough until it starts to ball up. Your dough should be fairly dry to the touch, and not sticky when it's done.
Flour your work surface and kneed the dough a bit. Then roll it out into 3/8 inch thickness (you can go thinner if you like). Cut out your shapes and place them onto your cookie sheet.
Bake these treats 30 minutes, then flip them and bake for an additional 30 minutes. After that, turn you oven off and let the treats sit inside. This will help completely dry them out and give them that extra crunch we are looking for. Once your oven is cooled, you can pull out the treats!
Taste test time
Now it's time for your dogs to try these diy dental dog treats! The hard crunchiness and the ingredients we used should freshen your pets breath and help promote clean teeth! I will be feeding these to my girls about once every other day in addition to the other things I use for their dental health.
Don't forget to share this with your friends so they can make it with their dogs! Let us know in the comments what type of treat you want us to try making next time! Diy Dental Dog treats!
Here are the affiliate links to some of the things we used in the video.
Food Grade Activated Charcoal: http://amzn.to/2jizZNg
Liquid Clorophyll: http://amzn.to/2iWMMGQ
Rolling Pin: http://amzn.to/2cFv6uB
Baking Sheet: http://amzn.to/2cFvLw2
Silicone Liners: http://amzn.to/2cFvrxn
MORE Treat videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL400F1C1759E6AF49
* Please note that I’m neither a vet nor an animal nutritionist, so it’s advisable to consult with your own authority when trying new foods, and also to ensure that your dog’s home cooked diet is balanced & includes all of the nutrients that are necessary for your dog’s health. As with ALL treats, feed in moderation, and don't feed anything to your dogs that you don't feel comfortable feeding them. These are treats, not meal replacements.